Summer is here which means sun is out to drain out our energy. So with the mercury on the rise, what you should keep reminding yourself time and again to beat the heat is to stay hydrated then what’s better than Summer Coolers to keep our body cool and hydrated. So sit in the corner of your room’s window and enjoy the beautiful summer evening with these refreshing and healthy summer coolers that will entice you have a drink.
1. Watermelon Mojito – A thirst-quenching drink enhanced with lemon to make your summer days cool.
Ingredients – ½ watermelon cut into chunks, 3-4 mint leaves, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 lime, ½ tbsp. ginger paste and 5-6 ice cubes.
Directions – Blend watermelon chunks, lime juice, sugar and ice cubes until ice is crushed. Muddle mint leaves and garlic paste in a glass, add watermelon puree and 1/3 glass of chilled water into it. Stir to mix. Garnish with mint leaves and watermelon and serve.
2. Pineapple Lemonarita – Pineapple, a best nutrients rich fruit among all the fruits and pineapple lemonarita is the best nutrients rich drink to have in hot sunny days.
Ingredients – 1 cup lime juice, 15-18 frozen pineapple chunks, 5-6 ice cubes and ½ tbsp. sugar.
Directions – Pour all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until the ice is crushed. Pour the lemonarita into a glass and serve chilled.
3. Kiwi Cooler – The beautiful light green drink with rich in Vitamin C will lure surely to resist the thaw days of summer.
Ingredients – 1 cup crushed ice, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 cup kiwi crush, 2 tbsp. lemon juice
Directions – Pour lime juice, kiwi crush, sugar, crushed ice and ½ glass chilled water. Shake it well until mixed. Rim the glass with salt and then pour the mixture into glass and serve it.
4. Spiced Buttermilk – Although buttermilk sounds as something with buttery texture and high in fat but surprisingly it’s a low-fat healthy drink.
Ingredients – ¼ glass curd, ¾ glass chilled water, 1 tbsp. green chili and ginger paste, 3-4 mint leaves, salt to taste, chat masala and chopped coriander leaves.
Directions – Pour curd, chilled water into the blender and mix it well. Muddle mint leaves and ginger-chili paste in a glass. Add curd and water mixture, salt, chat masala and chopped coriander into the glass and stir it until mixed well. Add ice and serve chilled.
5. Pomegranate and Lime Iced Tea – A chilled tea with milk enriched in manganese and enhanced with pomegranate.
Ingredients – Hot water, 1 tea bag, ½ cup pomegranate juice, 1 tbsp. sugar (optional), 2 tbsp. lime juice.
Directions – Put tea bag and sugar in a glass and add hot water in it. Let it sit for 15 minutes or till the sugar is dissolved. Remove tea bag and let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating for 15-20 minutes. Once chilled, add pomegranate juice, lime juice and ice cubes in the iced tea and stir well and serve.