Typhoid fever whose another name is typhoid is a medical term that describes a viral infection of the intestinal tracts and blood streams. It is most popularly induced by Salmonella typhi (S. typhi) bacterium. When the virus invades the body via contaminated food, beverages or water, it will quickly expand and spread all over the body especially the intestinal tract and the bloodstream. The virus will reach your lymph nodes, spleen, liver, gallbladder and other regions of your body via your blood. It is indicated that those less – industrialized countries are more prone to this infection due to contamination in food and water, insufficient sewage disposal and other natural disasters.
The symptoms of typhoid may vary from fever, headache to abdominal pain. Once the disease gets worse, an individual may suffer from serious diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, skin rashes, appetite loss, blood in stools, delirium, hallucinations, altering mood, expanded liver, as well as chills, lethargy and nosebleeds. However, these symptoms will be exterminated within 3 – 4 weeks with proper diagnosis and treatment.
Once you are diagnosed with typhoid fever, doctors will offer you antibiotic to kill the virus. It is significant to finish the antibiotics to block the recurrence of the infection. In addition, clean water and good hygiene are highly recommended to prevent the reoccurrence as well.
Here are several home remedies that you might take into consideration:
Cloves are another helpful method to get rid of typhoid fever. This essential oils found in cloves contain antibacterial properties therefore, it can effectively exterminate the virus causing typhoid fever. In addition, cloves also aid patients in easing nausea, diarrhea and vomiting as well.
- Add some cloves buds into a cup of water
- Boil the mixture till it evaporates and reduces by half
- Let it cool down to temperature room
- Strain and consume it every day
- Do this for one week.
Basil leaves are good at treating typhoid fever. This herb contains antibacterial and antibiotic properties that can treat virus causing typhoid fever well. Additionally, this herb also brings down a fever, promotes your immune system and calm the stomach
- Add 20 basils leaves, some fresh crush ginger into a cup pf water.
- Boil until the solution vapor and only half of it is remained.
- Add some honey to enhance the taste
- Consume this solution 2 – 3 times on a daily basis
- Alternatively, extract the juice from some basil leaves
- Add some black pepper
- Consume the mixture 2 – 3 times daily for several weeks
Consuming buttermilk on a frequent basis to treat typhoid fever effectively. It can prevent hydration and speed up the recovery stage.
- Add some fresh extracted coriander juice into a cup of buttermilk
- Consume this solution twice daily for several weeks.
- In order to sooth the fever, you can add some banana in a cup of butter milk and consume
Bananas are well known for its ability to bring down the fever and cure diarrhea. The pectin found in bananas can be a soluble fiber that effectively absorb the fluid in the intestines, thereby it can reduce diarrhea. In addition, the potassium amount in banana can replace the electrolytes loss that occurs during fever and diarrhea.
- Consume 2 – 3 ripe bananas on a daily basis to reduce the typhoid symptoms
- Alternatively, mix 2 mashed bananas in to 1 cup of yoghurt and add some honey and consume it 2 – 3 times on a daily basis for several weeks.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar is another healthy and effective method to treat typhoid fever. Thanks to its acidic properties, the heat can be drown out of the skin, thereby, the body temperature will be significantly reduced. Additionally, the minerals found in apple cider vinegar can replace the loss of minerals in your body because of the diarrhea. See how apple cider vinegar can thicker eyebrows.
- Mix some unfiltered apple cider vinegar with some honey into a cup of water
- Consume it before having your meals
- Do this for several days
- Alternatively, put some apple cider vinegar into a pot of water
- Soak a washcloth and squeeze out the excessive water
- Place on the forehead to reduce the body temperature
- Repeat the process till the fever has been brought down.
- CONSUME MORE HIGH – NUTRITION FOODS
Typhoid fever may break down your immune system significantly, therefore it is highly recommended that you should consume more high – nutrition food to boost your immune system as well as speed up the healing process. A good diet may help you to balance your body’s electrolytes and fluids.
- Increase your caloric consumption to get more energy
- Consume food with high amount of protein such as milk and eggs to recover faster
- Include high – carbohydrate foods to meet the body’s energy demand
- Due to sweating and fever, your body may require more potassium and sodium, you should consume fruit juices, broths as well as soups to compensate the loss